With warmer months fast approaching and Covid restrictions easing across the country, many active adults are gearing up for summer travel in 2022. According to AARP, Americans are planning more trips this summer than they did pre-pandemic. In fact, two out of three travelers aged 50 and over expect to spend more money on travel in 2022 than in 2021.
Explore Geneva and Chicago. Maybe a big trip isn’t in your cards this year. Staycations can be fun too! If you’re staying put this summer, you’ll find plenty to do in Geneva and the Chicagoland area. There are a number of fun, summer events and attractions happening this summer and just a short drive from The Reserve.
- Downtown Geneva—Explore Geneva in the summer for great shopping, outdoor dining and a variety of entertainment, including live music.
- Kane Count Cougars Baseball—Cheer on the Cougars at a minor league game.
- Cosley Zoo—Take the grandkids to a children’s zoo for a day of fun!
- Dupage County Fair—Spend an evening at the county fair and enjoy good food and entertainment.
For more things to do, Chicago is just 50 miles away from Geneva. From sandy beaches on Lake Michigan and luxury shopping districts, to vibrant cultural scenes and museums, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Chicago Skydeck
- Navy Pier
- Chicago Architecture River Cruise
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Wrigley Field
You always have the option to invite out-of-town loved ones to visit you as well. As a resident of The Reserve, we offer a community guest room that can accommodate your family and friends.
Thinking about getting out of town? Popular travel destinations and trends for active adults in 2022 include:
- Tennessee mountain towns. For many active adults, the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee offer a variety of outdoor activities, like hiking, fishing, rafting and more. Popular mountain towns such as Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge feature vibrant dining, shopping and entertainment. Visitors can take advantage of all the touristy attractions, or simply enjoy the beautiful, serene setting from a private cabin in the mountains.
- Florida panhandle. If sunshine and white-sandy beaches are your thing, Gulf Coast communities, like Miramar Beach on the Florida Panhandle, offer affordable short-term vacation rentals for the perfect warm weather getaway.
- Trips with the grandkids. What better way to spend time with grandchildren than by planning a vacation together! Explore a national park, rent a house on a lake or explore a new city together to create lasting memories.
- Bucket list destinations. For many of us, Covid put a hold on travel plans the past two years. Maybe this summer you’re planning the trip of a lifetime to celebrate the return to normalcy. Set sail on a luxury cruise; relax at an all-inclusive resort; or plan a European excursion—the possibilities are endless!
Whether you’re headed to a sleepy mountain town, planning epic trip abroad or staying here in Geneva, one of the greatest advantages of living in an active adult community is that you can lock-and leave when you travel without worrying about home repairs or maintenance.
Wishing you safe and happy travels!