The Activities Director is responsible for organizing and maintaining a diversified and engaging program for individuals and group activities. Community engagement is created by understanding whole person health and identifying residents needs in area of mind, body, and spirt by conducting purposeful programming for individuals and groups. This will include cultural, spiritual, physical, musical, social, and intellectual programs, and outings with the community’s transportation. They will be part of the leadership in planning and implementing monthly, quarterly, and annual events at the community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, develop, and coordinate monthly activities schedule and newsletter for all residents including events, of the first of the month.
- Graphic design a plus in promoting to residents, activities and events
- Maintain Social History Profile and develop programming around their needs and interests
- Actively participate in providing daily activities that are scheduled and encourage residents to attend.
- Recruit, train, and supervise the volunteer program
- Being part of the marketing initiatives at the community with direction of the Executive Director. This could include outreach and making new professional connections for the community
- Arrange and participate in driving the transportation bus for outside events and outings, possible overnight trips. Must be able to drive a 14-passenger bus
- Developing with Executive Director appropriate budgets and then adhering to budget
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or ADC (Activities Director Certified) is preferred; in either case with a major work in recreation or related field; or two years of full-time experience in the recreation field with senior living.
- Certified therapeutic recreation degree is strongly preferred and/or music background.
- Must be resourceful in the surrounding area for programming needs of the community.
- Must have a fun, energetic personality.
Location: Reserve of Geneva, Geneva, IL
Compensation: Competitive commensurate with skills and experience, EOE.
To apply: Email resume to [email protected]